Freebridge Community Housing is based in beautiful West Norfolk, and was set up in 2006, after transferring from the Borough Council of King’s Lynn and West Norfolk. The transfer took place after 77% of voting tenants voted in favour.
Registered with the Homes and Communities Agency, Freebridge own and manage around 7,000 homes and 17 sheltered schemes throughout the area.
Freebridge is working hard towards its vision of ‘A Better West Norfolk’ and through its mission of ‘Developing Homes and Creating Opportunities for People in West Norfolk.’ Everything it does is underpinned by its values:
- Working Together
- Customer Focus
With around 200 employees, they are investing on average £8m annually in the local economy, benefiting local communities. Some of its work includes:
- £30-million regeneration project at Hillington Square to provide homes the people aspire to live in
- Purchasing Providence Street Community Centre as an accessible, flexible community resource in the heart of King’s Lynn
- Investing nearly £20,000 into a Community Fund to support local charities and organisations
Employing people who truly believe in the values and possessing a ‘can do’ attitude is very important. With active engagement opportunities and relevant support offered to everyone, Freebridge is a dynamic, forward-thinking and creative place to work which nurtures talent and develops employees.
The range of additional benefits on offer includes:
- Coaching and mentoring – Every employee can access coaching and mentoring from one of our in-house coaches
- Wellbeing – Freebridge’s commitment includes an annual Week of Wellbeing, focusing on career, physical, mental, social, community and economic wellbeing
- Charity Support – Each year employees adopt local charities which they support through a range of fundraising events and activities
- Engagement – Lots of opportunities to get involved, including Employee Focus Groups and the Social Activities Meeting
- Diversity – Everyone is treated fairly. Equality of opportunity is promoted to both customers and employees
- Recognition – There are a range of ways for employees to be recognised for their achievements, including peer to peer.
As well as the additional benefits, people who work with Freebridge, can also receive an:
- Annual performance appraisal linked to salary increase
- Generous holiday allowance
- Flexible working
- Generous stakeholder pension
- ‘Freebridge Together’ online employee discount site
- Investment in Personal Development/ Training
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Professional membership fees paid
- Occupational Health
- Access to counselling and other wellbeing support.
Freebridge is able to offer a wide range of roles including surveyors, senior finance posts and legal opportunities, based in historical King’s Lynn with outstanding countryside just minutes away.
There is nothing to lose but everything to gain in finding your future in West Norfolk.